Why is SEO Important for Higher Education Institutions?
The increased use of internet and digital media is a major influence in the field of education today because your target market (students) is online constantly.
In fact, recent studies suggest that parents and students judge a school or college based on its website and online presence. You need to make sure you are visible!
Your prospects are arguably online more than any other prospects in any industry; that presents a significant opportunity for your institution.
tSunela specializes in higher education SEO and has helped many universities, colleges, and community colleges achieve online successes.
We help by:
- Making sure your organization’s website has a cohesive SEO strategy in place (in many cases, each college is pursuing their own SEO efforts and different colleges within the same institution end up competing with each other for SERP rankings)
- Identifying your current SEO ranking—and those of your competitors
- Optimizing your site and evaluating content for usefulness and keywords
- Continually monitoring and adjusting the campaign to maximize results
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a great way for higher education institutions to enhance their visibility.
You can use SEO to increase applications for a struggling college, boost applications from a certain demographic, and more.
Here are just a few statistics to prove it:
- 67% use search engines as their first source of information for higher education institutions
- 55% of internet users searching for higher education institutions go to university and college Facebook pages as part of their research
- Of the people who research colleges and universities online, 45% make a call or email an institution for more information
Bottom line? Having a higher search ranking will help potential students find you instead of your competitors.
Education Case Study: Find out how a chiropractic college used SEO for a significant return.
For more information on our digital marketing services call us at 314-721-8813 or email us.