Why is Local SEO for Higher Education Important?
Because many prospects would like to attend higher education institutions close to their hometown.
In fact, 95% of mobile device users search for local businesses online. Even more important, 88% of the people conducting local searches followed up with an action (a call, a visit, a purchase) within one day.
Local search engine optimization is becoming more and more important because people are constantly searching for information on their mobile phones. However, a staggering 20% of the information they find is wrong. And with new promotions and other adjustments local businesses go through, each month 6% of online listings need to be changed.
Each time a person searches for a college, university or faculty member, there are many sources they can use (Google Local, Yelp, YellowPages, etc.). Each of these sources stores local information in a separate database. This means there are hundreds of databases out there that could be pulling erroneous information about your institution and delivering it to your prospects.
tSunela provides a Local Search Optimization package that synchronizes these listings so your organization’s information is correct—across all databases.
With our local search package, you receive:
- Profile creation and monitoring on local search engines and academic directories
- Profile creation and monitoring on more than 35 local databases (Yelp, Yellowbook, Superpages, Local.com, Google Local)
- Year Round Optimization – optimize listings for your target markets
- Promotion – create promotions offered on local listings (highlight faculty members, majors, etc.)
- Monthly Result Reports – listing views, website traffic, call tracking (optional)
For more information on our digital marketing services call us at 314-721-8813 or email us.