Facebook Status Updates and Posting
- Timing is Everything – Post when your audience will interact. Our HealthCare clients receive the most interaction when they post in the morning and midday.
- Days Matter – Monday-Friday posting works best. Stories posted on Thursday and Friday get 18% more engagement
- Consistency is Key – Keep updating your page regularly with fresh content, pictures and video. Don’t exceed more than 4 posts a day. (Minimum is 1-4 post per week)
- Keep it short and simple – Post should be no longer than 250 characters or three lines of text.
- Try posting “fill in the blank” posts – Fill in the blank post get 9x the response Ex. I love Facebook because ______________.
- Make the most of your cover photo – consumers pay more attention to your cover photo than your content according to a recent eye-tracking study
Summary: Updating regularly and switching up your cover photo will keep your content fresh and encourage return visits. More Facebook Best Practices
The Who, What, When and Hows of Posting
Research shows that “Posts including a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than the average post, respectively” – Social Media Tips
Who Should Be In Charge of Posting on Your Page?
Set up a team of people (either in-house or outsourced) that you want to manage the page and give them admin access and permissions. To learn more, visit Admins on Facebook.
What Should I Be Posting?
Anything that you think your customers would want to share, engage or know about the industry or your company. Companies in the health industry post educational events, industry news, health articles, patient stories, medical breakthroughs and health information.
Note: It’s important to have a content strategy and goals set in place of what you want to accomplish before you begin posting on your Facebook page.
When Should I Be Posting?
It varies within industries, but for our healthcare clients, we determined that the best time to post is 7am-2pm throughout the week. A good way to determine when to post is to look at Facebook Insights and see when your customers engage with your page the most.
How Often Should I Be Posting?
Facebook recommends posting at least once a day or 5 times a week to stay relevant. Consistency is key so try to post content around the same time each day that way your fans will know to expect it.
Be aware that posting too much information can cause people to block your post or unsubscribe to your Facebook page.
For more information on social media marketing, please contact tSunela at 314-721-8813.